Summary: There are many types of injectable fillers that will leave your face looking smooth. The following article will help you determine which product is right for you.
It seems like everywhere we turn, a celebrity or even someone we know is getting an injectable filler. Most people refer to this as just “Botox,” but there are actually several different products available for smoothing out your wrinkles and giving you a rejuvenated face. The process can be a bit overwhelming, but below we will outline the 3 types of fillers available at Milwaukee Plastic Surgery and the impact that they can have on your skin.
Botox is the product with the most name recognition. It is a simple, minimally invasive procedure that can take years off of your appearance. In one short session, with just a few injections of the product, a skilled cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Bosbous can relax the muscles in the forehead, blocking their ability to form lines and wrinkles. This gives you a smooth upper brow and a youthful glow.
- Muscles will stay relaxed for up to 4-6 months, leaving you with a rejuvenated appearance.
- Botox has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Radiesse is slightly less known, but growing in popularity exponentially. This product stimulates new collagen production in the skin, as well as acting as a wrinkle filler in those areas of your face where you have experienced a loss of volume.
- Radiesse doesn’t just work on your upper brow. Smile lines, lines at the corners of the mouth and marionette lines are no match for Radiesse.
- The effects of your treatment will be apparent immediately and will likely be enjoyed for a year or longer.
Juvederm is a gel that has a very smooth consistency. This gel is made from hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring substance in your skin. Some feel that Juvederm is the most “natural” of the 3 for this reason. When injected under the skin, Juvederm immediately restores volume to the area of the injection site.
- Smile lines or “parenthesis” running from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth typically respond very well to a Juvederm treatment.
- Patients can expect the results of treatment with this product typically to last up to 6-9 months.
Making Your Decision
Now that you understand a little about the 3 main fillers offered at places like Milwaukee Plastic Surgery, it is time to make a decision. Your cosmetic surgeon will give you any more information you need, but ultimately the choice is yours. Do you go for name recognition and popularity? Tried and true Botox is likely the product for you. Interested in smoothing our areas covering your entire face? Radiesse is king! And let us not forget Juvederm, arguably the most “natural” of the 3 because of its use of hyaluronic acid. Whatever your reason, injectable fillers are great for giving you a smooth, youthful appearance!