Summary: If you suffer from unsightly spider veins/varicose veins, you know that this time of year can be awful! Your options for vein treatments are vast, though, and the sooner you look into them the sooner you’ll be showing off your bikini and shorts!
No More Shame
Bikini and shorts season can be a nightmare for those who suffer from those pesky blue and purple veins visible on the legs. There are so many treatment options that may cure you from this unsightly dilemma, however, and greatly reducing the appearance of your varicose veins could change your entire opinion of summer! Gain a confident new look that you’ll want to show off at the beach ASAP. Don’t waste any more summers in pants- you deserve to live a life without shame! Varicose vein treatments could mean throwing out all of those cover-up’s for good!
Laying Out Your Options
In the United States, something like 25% of women suffer from unsightly varicose veins. Even though this is the truth, often time those of us who have this issue feel as if we are alone. Blue and purple enlarged veins can be the worst, but you no longer have to hide to cover them. There are many options that may help reduce the appearance of your veins. Your doctor will be able to discuss the following treatment options with you to determine which may be the best for you.
- Compression Garments: Compression stockings could reduce the appearance of your veins without any sort of invasive procedure whatsoever.
- Scierotherapy: A non-surgical treatment option using an injectable solution places directly into the veins.
- Laser Treatment: Heating the vein from the inside may shut it; reducing blood flow to the area may make the vein disappear for good.
- Pulsated Light Treatments: Vein therapy involving light beams pushed into the vein can also close off the area and may possibly dissolve away its appearance.
- Vein Ligation: A more invasive procedure used in extreme situations, veins are cut open and tied off in order to cut off their blood flow, reducing their appearance.
Your individual case will dictate which of these options will work best for you. Your doctor will examine your legs and veins and make suggestions based on your specific situation and needs. Minor issues may be cured by very minimally invasive procedure. This is an important discussion to have, because avoiding invasive procedures at every cost is an important way to reduce your recovery time and potential risk for complications.
Here Is Your Hope For Summer
The thought of putting on a bikini or shorts can be dreadful for those of us suffering from varicose veins. Summer can be a torturous season for anyone who doesn’t like the appearance of their legs. Luckily for you though, by the time summer comes your veins could be gone! You have nothing to lose but the shame you feel over your blue and purple veins! Talk to your Milwaukee plastic surgeon today- it’s the first step to getting back into those shorts! With so many different treatment options there is sure to be one that is right for you.